Tuesday 8 December 2015

Christmas Nail Art: Snow Flurries

Good Evening! Or afternoon. Or morning. Whichever it is at the current moment.

Today I am sharing a winter-y/Christmas-y/Holidays-y nail art with you starring my hand blended sheer blue nail polish. I'm cheap. I'll tell you straight out. I get buyer's guilt when I purchase polishes more than $9 more often than not. While I wanted the OPI Color Paints line pretty damn badly, I couldn't justify spending nearly $10 a bottle for the whole collection. So, I took the DIY route and bought several bottles of clear nail polish to make my own sheer jellies. This, obviously, is my blue one. I made a pink, a green, a purple and a yellow but the yellow failed miserably. It is now in the trash.

Now, let's talk about this!



This is what is known as a "pond manicure". Still trying to figure that one out, but the nail art world is strange and there are strange names for things. Pond manicure is basically a super thick jelly sandwich type of deal. Sheer polish, then dots or whatever, sheer polish, art, sheer polish, etc. You can do it as many times as you wish depending on the opacity of your jelly. My blue, since it's hand made, is kinda sheer.


I had to start with two coats of it before going onto the actual art portion. The whole idea of this is to give it depth which I think I achieved. It's my first time attempting this since I've never owned any sheer jelly polishes before. All this manicure is is my sheer blue (Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Invisible + 17 drops of Xtreme Wear Blue Me Away + 3 drops of Pure Ice French Kiss), Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear White On (a.k.a my go-to white) and China Glaze Fairy Dust. I threw in some loose iridescent glitters in the center of the snowflakestars just because I could.


I do think it has the nice squishy jelly-like appearance which is a definite win on my part. I shall pat my back. I was a little apprehensive when I was doing this because I wasn't quite sure it was gonna turn out well. In the end, I do like it. Also, this is my contribution to the 52 Week Nail Art Challenge for week 28. The theme is "winter". Obvious, no? If you wish to see my other entries to the challenge, you can check out my Nailpolis gallery for the others.

Have a good one!

- Lynni

No comments:

Post a Comment